Thursday 9 February 2012

Otaru Snow Festival

We got off the train in Otaru, and yes, I expected it to be pretty. But I didn't expect it to be so...breathtaking and amazing. All along the streets, they had little lanterns, some were made of glass, some were made of ice, some out of snow, with little candles inside them. Then, you turn into the park, and its just wall to wall snow sculptures with candles in them. And it was simply beautiful. They were all different.Only a few were coloured, and the rest were just snowy and orange with the glow from the candle. There were cute hearts and stars, and owls too! It was all pretty magical, and immediately went to the top of my list of things I have seen in Japan. I couldn't get over all the cool statues, a massive snow cross, some igloos, and all the lanterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment